Turning Point Scotland Edinburgh Homelessness Service (formerly Midpoint) can provide you with advice and support, and help you to secure safe and stable accommodation within your chosen community if you are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
Edinburgh Homelessness Service can offer advocacy and guidance to help prevent or reduce the risks of homelessness. Our service aims to enable individuals to sustain their tenancies and live independently.
Edinburgh Homelessness Service offer a city wide outreach service for men and women aged 16 years and over. As individuals, you will be allocated a support worker who you would see at least once per week at an agreed location and convenient time.
We recognise that there are many things that can contribute to an individual experiencing homelessness. Therefore staff are trained to provide holistic support packages to individuals with complex needs.
- Access to a range of group work sessions
- Drop-in housing support clinic
- Budgeting support
- Shopping and food preparation (both groups and 1 to 1)
- Tenancy maintenance
- Home management
- Accessing health services
- Attending appointments
- Developing life skills
- Building positive social contacts within the community
- Training and employment
- Encourage motivation and promote employability
- Signpost on to specialist services
- SMART Recovery meetings
- Direct access to North East Recovery Hub (addiction services)
Our aims are:
- To provide long term solutions promoting tenancy sustainment
- To accomplish recovery focused goals
- To actively engage individuals to integrate with the community
- To use a person centred approach
- To work in partnership with CEC, families/carers, voluntary sector agencies, statutory services and other Turning Point Scotland services
- To promote social inclusion
- To work with a non-judgemental approach
- To advocate on the service users behalf
- To promote anti-discriminatory practice
How to refer:
Edinburgh Homelessness Service do not operate a waiting list and we aim to provide a flexible service based on each individual’s presenting issues. We accept enquiries from any agency and/or service users. These can be made over the telephone or emailed to the appropriate referrer.
For more information you can download the Midpoint service leaflet
Turning Point Scotland
Edinburgh Homelessness Service
5 Links Place
T: 0131 554 7516