Turning Point Scotland Prestwick supports people with learning disabilities and Huntington’s disease across South Ayrshire to get the most out of life.
At Turning Point Scotland Prestwick we ensure each person’s support is matched to suit their individual goals using a person centred approaches; we will support people in all aspects of daily living and help people develop new skills to enable them to continue to develop and gain new confidence to live the life they choose.
At Turning Point Scotland Prestwick people are supported in their own home to develop the skills they need that will broaden their horizons, aspirations and experiences, enabling them to become more involved in their local community.
A personalised support plan is produced, which could involve:
- joining a club that includes other people with a similar interest
- traveling by public transport to visit places of interest
- finding a job
- establishing links within the local community
- support to access health professionals to ensure continued health and well-being
- becoming more independent within your home
- getting out and about to meet new friends
- planning and doing something which can realise your goals and aspirations
Turning Point Scotland Prestwick is funded in various ways through social work budgets, independent living fund and through personalised budgets or self directed support. Turning Point Scotland Prestwick provides flexible support to people from a few hours a week to 24 hour support.
Download the Turning Point Scotland Prestwick service leaflet.
Turning Point Scotland Prestwick (formerly the Courtyard)
31 Ardfin Court
Prestwick, KA9 2LU
T: 01292 671 396