Rosie’s Social Enterprises provides vocational training, support and work experience for people recovering from acquired brain injuries, mental health and a range of other conditions. We operate as professional businesses and our trading activities provide income which supplements the funding that is provided through our commissioners Aberdeen City Council and
People supported by Rosie’s are offered a placement for up to two years and in that time they will grow in confidence and develop existing skills whilst receiving one to one person centred support. We tailor the placement to fit the person, work with the strengths of the individual and will work within Turning Point Scotland’s values to deliver a first class service. Placements are available for up to fifty five people in any one week within our enterprises – Rosie’s Cafe, Rosie’s Framers & Crafts (including a gift shop) and our latest enterprise Rosie’s Wedding Stationery. Click here for the Rosie’s gallery.
The placements provide:
- a supported person centred working environment
- real work skills training in a professional and friendly working environment
- encouragement to increase independence and social inclusion through work and leisure activities
- experienced and qualified workplace coordinators
- well equipped workshops and kitchens
- support to use individual strengths and skills
- Initial assessments
- work and non-work related issues and mental well being
- regular reviews to assess needs, skills, confidence and achievements
- goal setting
- guidance to source other training opportunities
- achievement of positive outcomes
- a holistic approach
We work in partnership with service users wider care teams and other many organisations such as Aberdeen College and Job-Centre Plus to offer the best possible support.
We accept Referrals from medical professionals, Job-Centre Plus, various work programmes, Aberdeen City and Shire Social Work teams.
Rosie’s has launched its own website: www.rosiesenterprises.com. Visit us here for more information about the services offered by Rosie’s.
You can download a service leaflet for Rosie’s social enterprises.