Alcohol and Other Drugs
We offer confidential and effective support to those wishing to address their drug and alcohol use.
From on the spot advice and information at a drop-in centre to working on a longer term recovery plan in partnership with a key support worker, our services aim to establish the trust in this relationship which will be at the core of the emotional and practical support required to make a life-changing difference. We do not treat addictions in isolation.
A key element of our drug services in some parts Scotland involves reducing behaviours that can heighten risks to health and well-being to unsustainable levels for those with issues and the communities around them.
We therefore provide services which can include:
- Provision of sterile equipment for injecting and safe disposal of used needles
- Safe Rooms for the above to take place
- Blood borne virus testing
- Advice on dealing with risk of overdose, provision of Naloxone.
- Short-term residential support
We engage with the individual, whose misuse, however problematical, is only a part of them as a person.